Collection within a Collection

XiaNYdE

XiaNYdE

Would it be possible to give us the option to have a collection within a collection, the reason i ask is mainly to do with the complexities that the likes of Marvel and DC have created with their movies.

I have a collection for Marvel Movies and i would like to be able to break that into smaller collections inside the main collection eg.. Modern Cinematic Universe / Original Universe / X-Men / Animated / Marvel Imprints (Men In Black and Kick-Ass) ...you get the idea, and now DC is doing the same thing by whitewashing the original Batman/Superman etc.. and rebooting everything to suit a universal theme.

I also think it would be great for things like general reboots especially where a large series is concerned eg.. Halloween has an original series as well as the Rob Zombie reboot series so again you could have the MASTER Halloween collection and inside have it broken into it's seperate entities.

• Like 2

Maleficarum

I have often hoped for such a feature, for pretty much the same reasons.

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

I have thought about organizing things that way but my users pointed out it would make browsing movies difficult.  You're scrolling through posters looking for something to watch and you see a poster that says Marvel.  That likely won't inspire further investigation or consideration like a poster for The Iron Man Collection could.

See no harm in adding the feature, but don't think it will see much use.  It would make browsing movies harder for many users.

Two things that would need to be worked through before this could be done:

1) If you are collapsing movies into collections in the normal views, how do these collapse?

2) Allowing this would create the potential for an infinite reference loop.  We'd have to guard against that somehow to keep from sending the server into the weeds.