AiredDuringSeason

Luke

This is a new query param being added. 

If you want to get episodes for season 2, instead of doing it the folder-based way, you can now do a recursive query at the series level to get all episodes for season 2. This will allow specials that aired during the season to be included.

In addition a new property has been added - SpecialSeasonNumber.

For specials, this will tell you the season it aired within.

• Like 2

give it the week before you look into adding it. it currently requires two sort orders to get it right, and may end up requiring a third. so i may end up creating one that encapsulates them all.

Ok, guidelines for this are, instead of doing the typical folder-based queries to get episodes for a season, you sill instead do a recursive query at the series level.

Use a filter of AiredDuringSeason=2

And a sort order of SortBy=AiredEpisodeOrder

So based on my comments about a specialized endpoint for episodes, we now have:

/Shows/{id}/Episodes?userid=xxx&season=xxx&fields=xxx

Not only will this encapsulate all of the above for you, but it will also factor in user configuration around missing/unaired episodes. For raw access you can continue to use the generic /Items endpoint, but I would recommend switching to this.

This could open the door for series-specific settings if we ever wanted to.

For Roku, it also supports ExcludeLocationTypes so that you can filter out missing & unaired regardless of user settings.

Due to the generic display nature of MBC, I'm not sure I can ever implement this globally.

I can do it for any specialized views, but most retrieval is simply parent/child relationships with no regard to what the parents are.

I've added a specialized seasons endpoint. So now there's:

/Shows/{id}/Seasons?userid=xxx&fields=xxx

/Shows/{id}/Episodes?userid=xxx&seasonId=xxx&fields=xxx

No rush, but please make sure to switch to the new api. You can take your time because the generic calls will always work, but please add this to your to do list. I'm going to be adding support for series without season folders and this will be the only way to get that.

They both support IsMissing=false and IsVirtualUnaired=false so that Grant can override the server setting and filter out the items for Roku. 

(Not ExcludeLocationTypes because the above project of supporting series without season folders might require virtual seasons).

For ApiClient the methods are GetSeasonsAsync and GetEpisodesAsync

• Like 1

One more thing - in the rare event a season doesn't have a number, the /Episodes endpoint will also accept seasonId