mymovies 4

dylanrellis

You mean to use MB3 server as a back end? why not post in the my movies area and submit a request for that?

It is entirely possible, but nobody has taken the time to do it.

We'd love the exposure so if you could post over in My Movies forums that would be much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
swhitmore

I actually started with an early form of Media Browser, then moved to MyTV and MyMovies. I tried XBMC and a few others, then thought I'd try MB2. Never looked back.

Redshirt

If it wasn't for MyMovies, I may never have entered the HTPC universe in the first place. If it wasn't for MB 2, I'd never have realized there was more.

• Like 1

Latchmor

I think I tried them all before sticking with MediaBrowser2.  I remember trying MyMovies, Collectorz Movie Organizer, Video Browser (pre-mediabrowser name change), Open Media Library, XBMC, and a few others.  

MetaBrowser and MediaBrowser finally won out.

The above quote saves me typing my experiences out as it's exactly the same! I really like MetaBrowser but come renewal time MB3's metadata manager may take over those duties too.

;)

gthrift

I think I tried them all before sticking with MediaBrowser2.  I remember trying MyMovies, Collectorz Movie Organizer, Video Browser (pre-mediabrowser name change), Open Media Library, XBMC, and a few others.  

MetaBrowser and MediaBrowser finally won out.

swhitmore

The above quote saves me typing my experiences out as it's exactly the same! I really like MetaBrowser but come renewal time MB3's metadata manager may take over those duties too.

;)

I always hated the fact that MetaBrowser was subscription based :/ I'm so glad to be rid of it now.

DarkKniyt (John)

I'm not happy with MetaBrowser being "Subscription" based either, BUT....

I much prefer having a seperate piece of software that gives me total control over my metadata.

MB may well get there one day (i fully expect it will), until then I'm sticking with MetaBrowser.

• Like 1

gthrift

I don't know about DarkKniyt, but for me MetaBrowser:

• Monitors a central locations for new content, moves it to the correct series and then renames it based on my naming convention.  
  • Allows me to download youtube trailers.  (radeon's plugin was removed)
  • Give detailed information about what metadata that is important to me is missing
  • Allows me to define what I consider to be complete or incomplete metadata
  • Gives options to remap any values I define
  • Allows bulk processing for everything or for just the individual pieces of metadata that I'm looking for.
  • Allows the use of more providers than just TMDB in case TMDB is lacking in info.

That's all I've got for now.

• Like 2

I'm not happy with MetaBrowser being "Subscription" based either, BUT....

I much prefer having a seperate piece of software that gives me total control over my metadata.

MB may well get there one day (i fully expect it will), until then I'm sticking with MetaBrowser.

Just curious and so we can improve the meta fetcher inside MB, but what control features exists in MetaBrowser that don't exist inside of MB? At least as far as meta data fetching. I know those can do other things like download torrents, etc., but just strictly related to metadata and image downloads, what is different? Thanks.

I haven't used metabrowser in some time, but one of the things I really like, and as alluded to above, about metabrowser is while it can contain your whole library (obviously), you can set it to only scan a certain drive/folder for new content.  I have my movies spread out over 6 drives, but only add new movies to one drive.  Much faster scans if you only have to scan 1 drive of movies/tv shows vs. 6 of them.

DarkKniyt (John)

I think the biggest plus for me for metabrowser is the interface.

But also the items listed by gthrift.

I don't use metabrowser to "Monitor" and automatically update my metadata since I prefer to have complete control over what is downloaded or updated.