Again, Emby crashing after update with no real errors

mattlee

mattlee

Hi support.

This is the second time I have done an upgrade in Ubuntu with emby, and after the upgrade, the server randomly crashes.  All I do, is after seeing the notification to upgrade, stop the service, sudo ap-get update, then upgrade.

The first time it happened, I ended up having to resintall the OS.  Now it is happening again.  Am I doing something wrong in the upgrade.  I was nervous about doing it again, because of what happened the first time.

There is ONLY emby running on the server nothing else.  And this is a fresh clean install.

The one thing I am noticing when I do an apt-get update is:

Conflicting distribution: http://download.mono-project.com wheezy/snapshots/3.10.0 InRelease (expected wheezy/snapshots but got wheezy)

Is this something that is causing an issue.

It is beginning to get frustrating, as this was such a stable system pre emby.

Matt

mattlee

Hey Luke

Sure.  I've had too much whiskey to do it now!  I have installed Emby on another machine to get the family back up and running, but I preserved the old VM.  I'll let you know how I get on.

Funnily enough, the new version on a clean install runs smooth as butter.  No issues at all.  My upgrade process has been to stop the mediabrowser service, apt-get update && apt-get upgrade, then things just go strange.  Ubuntu is 14.04.

FYI, my server environment is xenserver 6.5 fully patched.

Where do I unzip the folder to?