Linking 2D and 3D content.

Cruise

Cruise

I was just wondering if there is way to have the 2D and 3D versions of the same movie linked together so they are not two separate movies when viewed. 

It would be nice to just select the movie then when you go to play you select whether you want it in 2D or 3D. 

Deathsquirrel

Create separate folders for each movie and allow them to get picked up by the server.  Create a collection and add the two titles to the collection.  I'd change the posters for the films to show the difference and update the title of the 3d film to reflect that feature.

chef

Brilliant! I can now add all my 3D movies back to my collection.

I was sick of seeing duplicate movies and removed the 3d libraries.

Although, it would be cool if the server made these kinds of changes automatically.

Grouping the versions into a new type of collection.

It might take a long time to group all the movies into collections.

I wonder if some of our competitors have this ability, and weather it would be a unique, intuitive functionality to have built in specific to emby??

Edited by chef

Deathsquirrel

With the auto boxset plugin it can do that automatically, but only for collections that exist on TMDB.  Most cases like this, or where you have a director's cut and theatrical release, don't have metadata in the online sources to support merging them together.

chef

It would be cool if the server could calculate duplicate titles.

It would be a little wierd I guess if you had a collection of collections though.

For example: two version of spider man, one 3d and the other standard, in a collection of all your spider man movies.

Edited by chef