Is It Possible To Export Sync'd DB

martinbowling

martinbowling

I have a rather large library 12k episodes and 3k movies. It took several attempts to finally get the library fully Sync'd. I want to setup for the in laws but don't know if I can get a complete sync in during their visit. Can I export the existing Sync'd db I have or will the add on attempt to start the sync anyway?

Angelblue05

@@martinbowling

The issue is that the UserId is stored in the database. Meaning you and your in laws don't have the same userId.

What you could do is create a Kodi profile using their Emby account (on your htpc), let the sync run with the same settings they will have and copy the database file myvideos90.db to their Kodi. It is something I've tried and it seemed to work, but there's also a chance it might not work so use at your own risk.

Since they are remotely connected to your server, on the profile you create for them in your Kodi, simply set Play from HTTP instead of SMB and use your external address in the server primary address field.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

martinbowling

@@Angelblue05

Thanks! I will give this a shot, worth me at least trying than sending them home with a non working solution and trying to remotely trouble shoot, lol :)