Why live tv loads quicker in android kodi than android emby?

denz

denz

I am curious how can kodi on android live tv start within few seconds just a tad slower than in wmc but on embytv it is so slow and the picture quality is not close even with highest quality settings. It seems that in kodi it is direct streaming somehow.

Could this be the reason why there is no kodi on apple store and in google store because they do something totally different that these stores dont like.

Thanks

MSattler

I am curious how can kodi on android live tv start within few seconds just a tad slower than in wmc but on embytv it is so slow and the picture quality is not close even with highest quality settings. It seems that in kodi it is direct streaming somehow.

Could this be the reason why there is no kodi on apple store and in google store because they do something totally different that these stores dont like.

Thanks

EmbyTV is going to be transcoded.   

denz

I have a normal dvb-t tuner but have seen that hdhome run will release a dvb-t tuner in June that supports dlna  so will purchase it to try it out. That way it will benefit kodi as well as emby.

Edited by denz