Sport Bar DLNA Client for Emby Server

Ylinen

Ylinen

Have been following the Kickstarter projects that are trying to do multiple windows on a TV screen.  Most do 4 equal size windows some like Skreens.tv are trying to have resizable widows.  

All the solutions require either hardware (Multiple STBs) for each screen or only do ATSC (Over the Air) broadcast.

My question for the developers of Emby is can you create a client that does multiple DLNA windows?

The Emby server seems like the perfect device to broadcast multiple windows.  

Can it be done, Is Emby the way to do it?  WIll you?

Ylinen

No,  I mean 4 windows on one screen with different content in each.  Sound coming from the active windows.  With UHD, they advertise them as 4 HD screens in one.  Until UHD content is broadcast or downloadable,  this is  a great Client.

Sports, Olympics, News.  Many Corporations and Government Agencies want to view and monitor news channels and such.

Not sure if this has to be a DLNA client or other solution.  

Guy over on thegreenbutton.tv was trying to do it with WMC, but it was clunky and only worked with LIVE broadcast.  

Skreen.tv is trying to do it with a hardware device, but you have to have 3 STBs to do it.  I don't want to do that.

My solution is a Emby Server,  maybe a liveTV capability.  Then view 4 streams on one Screen.  

Ylinen

That is the concept, but would need clean up.  Don't need to see channel number or the media controls.  Challenge is how you select the channels and put them in each window.  using a remote that works with WMC would be a plus.