Emby for Kodi - 1channel/Primewire incompatibility

Julian Varney

Julian Varney

Hi,

Emby add-on installed, and all artwork showed up (after a VERY long sync).

However I now note that  TV shows/Movies that I had added to my library via the 1Channel/Primewire add-on, no longer show up.

I presume that this is some sort of conflict between the db grabbing my server library vs local files?

Is it not possible to add local media to the Kodi library in addition to what is drawn from the emby db?

Because it irritated me, I uninstalled the Emby add-on. But of course I now find that it has overwritten the Kodi library & won't revert. :(

Does that make sense? Am I missing something obvious?

I also note that a number of my library items are duplicated, some with emby artwork, some without.

Cheers in advance for any help/explanation/non-judgemental comments.

mm

Angelblue05

As it is now, Emby for Kodi cannot co-exist with other add-ons that also write/add content to your database. Maybe if you add the 1Channel/Primewire after the Emby add-on does the initial sync? I have not tried this so I don't know if it will work. When you use the Kodi reset option in the Emby for Kodi add-on, it resets the Kodi database in full. This means any content you added outside of your Emby server will be erased from the database at the same time.

Does it clarifies a bit?

Julian Varney

Thanks. Sort of confirms what I thought.

I didn't reset the db after initially installing Emby for Kodi. Which probably explains the duplicate movies in my library. It overwrote/deleted the library additions from the 1channel add-on though.

I later reset the db which dealt with the duplicate items. I'll try adding to the library again from the 1Channel add-on & see what happens. I can browse the .strm files in the "file" library view, they just don't appear in the thumbnail/poster views.

Cheers 

Julian Varney

OK, tried re-adding library items via the 1Channel/Primewire plugin. The plugin alerts me that they've been added, but nothing appears in the Kodi library after a library update.

Looks like the Emby add-on doesn't allow for local .strm files to be scanned into the library. I have to revert to "file" viewing to see what's there.

Angelblue05

Do you have the log still? I'm curious to see what's happening. I don't know that we can fix it. Thanks

Julian Varney

I'm at work at the moment, but will look at it later.

I'm quite prepared to reset my db & uninstall/re-install everything if it helps pinpoint what's happening.