Roku 2 won't connect to Servers

livingdeadguy

livingdeadguy

Hey everybody!

I just started having this problem randomly over the weekend.  Basically, I go into the Media Server app from my Roku 2 and the two servers I have connected to it can no longer be found!  I have tried restarting both computers that the servers are attached to as well as the Roku itself.  I have checked for updates, too.  I even tried removing the servers and re-adding them-both automatically and manually.  Still nothing.  Well, I shouldn't quite say nothing.  When I type the IP address listed on the Server page on the computer into the Roku Media Server settings, it seems to verify that it sees the IP address.  However, after clicking ok on that message, it immediately says it can't be accessed and to check that the Server is up and running and connected to the network. 

My Roku 2.0 is downstairs with one of the servers.  The other server is upstairs.  I also have a Roku 3 that I have NOT checked on to see if it is having the same problems.

Has anybody else experienced this?  What are some recommended things to try for troubleshooting?  Thanks!

livingdeadguy

Clicked the Public link and it ended up being different than what I was using, though it has the exact same lay out.  Server accessibility seems to be fixed, however the media layout is completely screwed up.  I have 3 folders on two externals hd's that I am trying to access and everything is now listed in one mass of 7000+ files.  How do I get my folder display organization back?

Version 3.0.5582.4

Thanks!

livingdeadguy

Alright, I think everything is squared away.  My file view had both folder and full library checked, so I guess it went with the broadest selected.  I'm removing the old server programs I had for Media Browser and getting Emby on.  I don't get it, the clients and icons all look almost exactly the same.  Is there a knock off or an old version that I was using?  I was just really surprised that Media Server and Emby were two different Roku apps that looks almost identical.