error: unhandled exception

Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave

I have the newest version of the Emby Server and I keep getting the following error: unhandled exception: input string was not in correct format.  Whenever the Server starts, I have disabled Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarbytes.  And I have tried starting it as a Service, I have un-installed and re-installed and cleared the cache with no luck...

server-63565132185.txt

unhandled_fdb06530-1315-43ca-bd13-5e2ba3add401.txt

Edited by Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave

Plus now when it does work the library scanning hangs at 43.2%...  Media Browser continues to work within degree, sometimes it takes a few tries to get my library to show up.  It works as long as I dont close out the error.  I tried the Beta version & didnt get the error, but my library wouldnt scan.  I never had these issues before all the big changes...

what big changes? your issue in the first post is resolved in the new beta that went out today. the release is purely a streaming bug fix release. there's nothing in it that would affect the library scan one way or another.

Mustang Dave

Nothing, but it taking over half an hour to go from 43.2 - 47.3%... now like I mentioned earlier when I uninstalled I cleared the cache and I have over 7tb --- over 2000 movies ... 80 tv series...lost track with music but its over 300 gigs alone all in mp3 format so you could imagine... I will reinstall the beta and see if that helps...

Mustang Dave

FYI - 32 minutes later and I am at 51.3%... this machine is dedicated as my Media Center with complete overkill of an I7-950 with 24 gigs of triple channel RAM, Win 7 Ultimate x64 and all drives at 7200 RPM... any ideas... will let you know when it completes....

You'd have to post the log. You should also explore the metadata section of the server dashboard. We do a lot of image downloading so the scan can only be as fast as those providers will allow us to download. So if it's taking too long for your liking, try turning some images off.