My media icon for trailers

Deihmos

Deihmos

The new thumbs look really cool and looks nice in MBC. All but the trailers icon. Why don't you create something similar for trailers?

Edited by Deihmos

Happy2Play

I see the same.

Your screenshot is a good example of coverart overlays not working also for "Folders".

Edited by Happy2Play

Your screenshot is a good example of coverart overlays not working also for "Folders".

In what way?  The image for Trailers is obviously processed by CA.  The others are automatically generated by the server so they are not run through the image processors (by design).

Deihmos

I have no issue with CA. I guess there is no way for the server to automatically generate something for trailers the same way it generated those images for movies and tv?

Happy2Play

In what way?  The image for Trailers is obviously processed by CA.  The others are automatically generated by the server so they are not run through the image processors (by design).

Sorry for hijacking this thread but I would think that they were primary images just like the ones generated for collections.

Edit interesting by deleting the primary image and leaving the thumb they are treated now.

I have no issue with CA. I guess there is no way for the server to automatically generate something for trailers the same way it generated those images for movies and tv?

I'm sure there is but the issue is that the plug-in provides its own image.  The generated ones are only created when there isn't a specific one defined.

Koleckai Silvestri

You could manually replace the default image.

HGqMR6g.jpg

You could make your own trailer image easily enough. Create a "Trailer" library. Throw in a bunch of folders with the .disc stubs for movies in it. Let the system download metadata and then show it on your screen. Get the URL, open the image in a new tab and then save it to you computer for reuse. That is what I did for a lot of my libraries. Little messy but gets me the look I want.

Oh and Coverart will even assign the proper treatment. ;)

jaYlCqb.jpg

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri
  • Like 1

pir8radio

Is this a Beta version or something, my folder icons are not dynamic...   :(   I want those..... 

thefirstofthe300

Dynamically generated images is in the current release server. If you have custom defined images, I don't think that the server overwrites them. Try deleting the current images for the folders. If that doesn't work, you will need to report it as a bug.

Deihmos

I generated something random and used it. This is really cool stuff. These look great in MBC and are much better than the ones I was using.

Edited by Deihmos

pir8radio

I didnt realize i had to manually enable in the settings xml...  I did that and i did get dynamic images, but my users didn't, they got a generic black MB icon image....  So i just copied the dynamically created images from my account and set those as the new default static image...   shut dynamic back off...     Thanks for the info though, i didn't even know that was an option..

Sorry to hijack..  @@Deihmos

chef

You could manually replace the default image.

HGqMR6g.jpg

You could make your own trailer image easily enough. Create a "Trailer" library. Throw in a bunch of folders with the .disc stubs for movies in it. Let the system download metadata and then show it on your screen. Get the URL, open the image in a new tab and then save it to you computer for reuse. That is what I did for a lot of my libraries. Little messy but gets me the look I want.

Oh and Coverart will even assign the proper treatment. ;)

jaYlCqb.jpg

O...M....G the server looks aaamazing....