Totally Confused by Display Settings in Webclient

Macburp

Macburp

So I have been poking about with the display settings to try to get the menus on my Nexus Player looking right, and retire the folder view. I'm completely confused about how to achieve what I need.

This is what I want - 

- Two icons displaying Video and Movies, showing some artwork

- Movies to show individual films using posters and a separate 'grouping' (folder? collection? genre? confused) for Laurel and Hardy films

- Videos to show individual TV series and 'groupings' for documentaries, cartoons, drama, and music

I have this working in folder view, but the set-up allowed in the web client won't let the folder view be the default menu - it has to be 'Folders-->Video,Movies'. 

The groupings under Video are set as TV in the metadata manager

Whatever I do I cannot get the views to recognise the 'groupings' described above - all of my shows are listed alphabetically. The frustrating thing is that I did have this working at one point for videos (but not for movies), but I've no idea how I did it.

Current settings in the webclient -

- automatically group content is unchecked. If I check it, I don't get any artwork

- dispaly a collections view is unchecked

- display folder view is checked. I'll uncheck that when I get views working

- enable rich presentations is unchecked

- latest media is checked, as is hide watched content from latest views

- display missing and unaired episodes is unchecked,

- display trailers is unchecked

- group movies into collections is unchecked

I need your help desperately to get this sorted out. In particular I need insight into how to understand this - if you tell me to check this box or that I do need to learn why.

Help! Many thanks.

ThunderStorm

Oh man, me too! I feel like I got blindsided by this one with no way to get my old view back :/

If you do figure it out, please post here, and if anyone has a prior version, let the post know please :)

If the someone is watching from the app support side, I would love to be able to have my folders view be my default like it was before! Please spoon feed me new "bells and whistles" and give me an option to not use them and possibly provide feedback. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Macburp

Well the mystery thickens.

Nothing I can do in the webclient gets me to where I want to be. All of my programs are listed in one list as I described above.

But when I look at my Nexus Player, the views work! The groupings are there, properly populated with the correct shows and artwork. 

How can this be?

Macburp

Well I finally found it. Hopefully this helps others. I was not familiar with the configuration dashboard. Control is under the "group content" settings described here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/18803-server-why-are-media-library-sections-grouped-together/?hl=%2Bcontent+%2Btype

cheers

My content is already unchecked. Unfortunately, doesn't solve my problem.