MBC failed to start up, now after uninstall will not even install

Blue Kachina

Blue Kachina

When trying to start up MediaBrowser Classic Configurator I kept getting an error message.

Regretfully I did not capture it.

What it was doing is launching to an empty form page.

I figured I'd try an uninstall/reinstall.

Uninstalled from "Uninstall a Program" (Windows 7 Control Panel applet).

Went smoothly.

Tried downloading latest version, and installing it.

System complains with error:

post-535-0-84931800-1384473726_thumb.png

Same issue for me, my reason for uninstalling was that my plugin trials were up (only installed yesterday) thought i would add in my MB2 supporter key and buy the theme i was using.

Plugins expired were - Regency & Gamebrowser not  sure if Uninstalling these resulted in this error or it was caused when i was notified they had expired, Couldn't find any answers so went to install a new version.

52856a77b1534_mberror.png

I was unable to even view plugins to install clicking on any plugin platforms displayed "internal server error"

Hence the uninstall and now am recieving the same error as 

Blue Kachina whist attempting a clean install.

Edited by Shoddy

Jambercob

We are also seeing the same error as Shoddy. Happened after uninstalling an expired Crystal theme which we liked so much we wanted to purchase it but now MBC won't load any plugins. I'm going to try to re-install MBC and i'll report back on the outcome.

• Like 1

Jambercob

When checking plugins in the server management it looks like the Plugins Catalog is down, won't load.

MB-Plugin-Catalog-Error.jpg

Edited by Jambercob

When checking plugins in the server management it looks like the Plugins Catalog is down, won't load.

MB-Plugin-Catalog-Error.jpg

Exactly what i saw if you attempt a re install, you will probably experience the same issue, not being able to install again. personally i would wait so i could still use the product. At the moment i am looking at re installing win 7 to clear the error lol.

• Like 1

Jambercob

I'm thinking the MB server that it downloads from is actually down and it has nothing to do with our systems. Probably just a matter of waiting until they come back online.

I'm thinking the MB server that it downloads from is actually down and it has nothing to do with our systems. Probably just a matter of waiting until they come back online.

Makes sense

We're working on it.

Good stuff, thank you.

coolspot

Glad I came across this thread early.  Only wasted my time rebooting my system once before coming here to look so didn't spend much time diagnosing anything. 

Didn't even have to reboot my system 3 times! =P