H Series

user29

fuzzthekingoftrees

Make sure you can get to the widgetlist.xml and the zip file from a computer on the same network as the TV and also from the TV itself. The url for the widgetlist is http://173.230.139.54/widgetlist.xml

If you can't get there using the browser on the TV then there's something wrong on your network

The zip file to install from USB is the one you get from the url contained with the xml

ricjn70

Does Europe zip work on US Models and as a test can I use the browser and try to to that url? If it does work do I just need to create the xml on the root of a usb stick

CBers

@@ricjn70 - when you entered the IP address when installing the app, you did enter 173.230.139.54 didn't you?

A friend of mine has this afternoon installed the app on his H model TV without any issues.

ricjn70

So when I attempted I login with develop

Then press and hold enter on an app

Select ip from the menu

Enter ip

Then do user app sync

ricjn70

No matter what I cannot get the app the come down unless its an issue with a firewall port.

Willing to try usb if need be...does anyone have latest install for usb

I know its a zip...drive I'm assuming needs to be fat 32

On the topic of copying it over, and I am a techie, I have heard numerous solutions on these boards

How exactly does this need to copied over to the drive.

I have heard zip and xml

I have heard extract to root

If it is extract to root are we talking all directly to root or Media Browser 3 folder with a files and subfolders within....Is the xml file required on the root.

FrostByte

Are you reentering the IP, or just selecting the one that's already there.  On my F series I have to reenter the IP every time else it just sits there saying trying to connect

Cant get the app working with the standard way (nothing happens after pressing user app sync), but I can run it off a USB stick. Any idea why ? Or how I install an app from an USB stick, because I cant keep the stick plugged in all the time.

H Series obviously

FrostByte

All the H series worked with the app at one time.  However, there was a firmware pushed out from Samsung last year which made several of the H models do the same as yours as soon as they upgraded firmware.   As you know there are several others in your same boat with the H model tv who have posted here.  A couple of folks opened up a ticket with Samsung, but I don't believe they got far.

As far as I know, that is the only way you can get it to run.  At least that is what all the other H model users here do is keep the usb plugged in and run it from there. 

If/when the app makes it out of beta then maybe it can be added to Samsung's store and the problem H models can load it from there

• 1 month later...

I installed the app on a friends H series TV earlier today without issue.

It was a Samsung UE32H5500 model.

Hey

I've loaded emby but need to connect to host server. Can I just hook up to my emby media connect account or do I need the iPhone name and port to connect from the Samsung app?

bo*ll*cks to youse

• 2 weeks later...