Google to charge?

ramrod215

ramrod215

I got am email that said they will start charging for data. Am I the only one who got this.

Hello Google Cloud Storage User,

Please be advised that, beginning July 14, 2015, Google will begin charging the following fees for Google Cloud Storage:

$0.01 per GB of data transferred between buckets located in different regions of the same continent

Egress rates per GB of data transferred between buckets located on different continents

Until then, you will be able to view your current usage in the billing details for your project in order to help you estimate the impact of these changes on your monthly spend.

For additional information and examples of this billing charge, please visit https://cloud.google.com/storage/pricing#network-regions

-- The Google Cloud Storage Team

Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory service announcement to update you about important changes to Google Cloud Platform or your account.

thefirstofthe300

According to the FAQ on cloud storage, Google Cloud Storage is a totally different service from Drive so these pricing changes don't affect Drive (and I doubt that they ever will as people will dump Drive if they ever have to pay transfer fees).

• Like 1