Metadata Storage Question

JeremyFr79

JeremyFr79

Currently I have Emby setup to save metadata in the folder with the media.  However I have upgraded and added a new dedicated emby/transcode server to the rack that's quite a bit beefier than my other servers.  I have a 4TB raid 5 array setup for cache/transcoding etc, and am wondering if it would be advantageous to myself to setup Emby to also store all metadata to the local RAID as well to offer faster response to clients.  

So what are your thoughts on this.  Currently all the media sit's on several servers each with their own RAID5 arrays, 2 6.5TB arrays, and 1 11TB array (total of 30 disks) so performance isn't an issue as it is, but thinking that instead of having metadata distributed throughout the various arrays chewing up space etc.  I could use this new server & array to host it all in one place.  The array consists of 6x900GB 10k SAS drives so it'll be nice and fast.

AdrianW

I'm pretty sure the metadata and associated images (folder.jpg, backdrops, etc) get cached on the server anyway even if the source metadata is stored with your media.