Game library icon not set through metadata manager

Maleficarum

Maleficarum

Server version - 3.0.5572.0

Not sure if this is a server issue or a plugin issue (i'm guessing server) but currently if you go into metadata manager and set primary and thumb images for the game section that image is not shown on the view section of the home screen. However if you hover over the icon on the home screen and select edit you are taken to the metadata manager and images set here are applied.

Additionally any images set in this screen do not seem to be anywhere in the actual folders as they cannot be found in explorer.

Maleficarum

And the newest release server (3.0.5582.4) has removed the images set by selecting edit and has reverted to the default icon that is show when no images are set.

daedalus

Server Version 3.0.5588.0

i have a similar problem but on all library folders

after some investigation i noticed that i see completely different items with different id's in the adressbar when entering the edit page through the metadatamanager or through the hovering edit button on the homescreen

e.g.:
by metadata manager ->
with a path under metadata >> [...]\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections
553656b7b055e_metadatamanager.png

by edit button ->
with a path under metadata >> [...]\MediaBrowser-Server\ImagesByName\views\boxsets
553656fc0fd82_editbutton.png

only images set here show up on the homescreen

but if there is set nothing shouldnt one be generated by itself?

i see neiher the old colored default image nor the new tiled image just this on all folders:

553654067076f_no_colored_default_image.p

Maleficarum

As per another thread this is now expected behaviour. These images are now per user so any set in the regular metadata manager do not apply to everyone, and instead need to be applied on a per-user basis.

daedalus

ah i think i got it i'm such a dummy :rolleyes:

these are two completly differtent items the ones over the metadatamanager are the real library folders and the ones over the edit button are the grouped content groups

this is also not a per user setting

changing the images by one user changes it for all users not surprising cause the paths are the same for all users

stays the lack of self generated images

is there a thing to get them back ? setting one and deleting it doesnt work

Edited by daedalus

Maleficarum

Hmm when I changed them I found that they didn't apply to my other users and Luke has said it's per user so I dunno. I know the collection image took a while to appear as one of the generated ones for me so maybe it's the same for you.