Season folders showing up as "show"

nightlifex

nightlifex

This started happening a while ago and I figured it was something to do with a beta that would eventually be fixed but the problem continues so I figured might as well hit the forums.  Search wasn't much help so my apologies if this is a duplicate.

As stated in the title I'm having an issue where a couple of my show's season folders are appearing on both the webclient and WMC.  Seems to be two shows in particular.  They do not, however, show up in the metadata manager.

The shows these belong to are there too and act normal (seasons show up there).  But as it stands when I scroll through my shows I have to scroll past Season 1, Season 1, Season 2, Season 2, Season 3, Season 3, etc.  One of these folders is The Simpsons which has 25 seasons!

Any ideas on whats going on and how to fix it?

Happy2Play

What is your folder structure? How have you classified your content type?

nightlifex

Media locations set to \\SERVERNAME\SHARE (I have several, I generally separate my content by genre to keep disk full messages at bay).  All classified as content type TV.

So for these shows it would be \\SERVERNAME\SHARE\Simpsons, The\Season X\.  Pretty much the same as all my other TV shows.  I let Media Center Master handle the bulk of that.

The top level (unwanted) season folders are also reporting 'No Items' and I have to go in the normal way to get to that content.

The key is going to be at what path did you define the actual media location and with what type.

A "TV" media location should be pointing to "\\SERVERNAME\SHARE" in your example above.  If you, instead pointed directly to "Simpsons, The" and classified that as TV that is the problem.

nightlifex

Gotcha...  I've only pointed it to \\SERVERNAME\SHARE though.  (Several shares, all include tv show folders inside [which themselves contain seasons then episodes]).

The Simpsons is coming from \\SERVERNAME\Animated for this.

Upon further investigation I noticed that EMBY is creating a series.xml inside of the season folders and I found some strangeness a level deeper than I checked before in the metadata manager.  Screenshot attached.  

I tried deleting the extra series.xml but EMBY recreates them during a library scan.  Season 1 there I did an Advanced refresh (everything) and it got rid of the 2nd level but the shows are no longer available.  (They are still on the disk though).

post-4613-0-85449300-1429113696_thumb.png

nightlifex

In Metadata manager everything is set to Inherit.  Except for the 2nd level (In the screenshot, the Season 2 with the red icon).  That one doesn't have a dropdown for content type.

Edit:  By everything I mean the episodes, the top most level of season folders and The Simpsons itself.

Edited by nightlifex