Emby update DB while playing?

riffy

riffy

hehe "interesting configurations" 

It works ok right now, as it is, with me putting all that stuff in movies folders. Not ideal but way faster than with the old add on. It just wasn't updating the database while playing anything. Hopefully that's fixed. Take'n quite awhile to get everything back into the server after a full reinstall. Even got the server moved to where I want it now so I can easily back it up. But.. If not I do have a backup of the old add on I can go back to. 

Love hearing it's soon for the other stuff!

Basically my problem is Emby is too good of a server! I'm so spoiled now with being able to get to all the stuff on it, on basically anything, any where. I can't turn back! LOL It's kinda sad that I've used Koki/XBMC for like 10 years now & it's nothing but a shell for playing Emby content. Add in weather to Emby Theater & it could play everything like Kodi, oh & add some skinning & I'd have no use for Kodi at all anymore. :-p 

*goes to poke at the theater program again*

xnappo

Have you tried the old addon?  Honestly I am still using it "in production".. Unless you are running on a low end device, it really works pretty well..

Edited by xnappo

riffy

Yeah I know... I used it for awhile before this one, when I first found & started using Emby Server. It's just slow going back & forth from folders & doesn't show as much info as this one does. Funny thing is I wanted this one so badly so I could use a normal Kodi skin & ended up finding things in the Titan skin so useful, I use that now. So I can easily go back & forth. I have a backup of both. I run Kodi in portable mode so I just zip up the whole folder & unzip the backup. 

BTW.. not complaining or anything at all! Love all the work you all have put into this! It's already come a long way from the first release, in a short amount of time.

• Like 1