Unhandled exception: Type definitions should start with a...

turntablejunky
Go to solution Solved by turntablejunky,

turntablejunky

Started getting this error when I attempt to rescan my library.  I'm also not seeing any of my libraries / folders in Media Browser via Media Center.

Please help, so I can watch movies again.

Thank you,

Andrej

552dd8e16d664_embyerror.png

turntablejunky

Hello Luke,

Thank you for looking into this.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure which log you want, as I have 54 of them in my MediaBrowser-Server/logs folder.  I'm attaching the last 10, as per the upload limit.

Hope this is an easy fix.  Would really like to watch a movie tonight.

Best,

Andrej

server-63564651498.txt

server-63564650651.txt

server-63564650513.txt

server-63564650043.txt

unhandled_91bffc38-d3a6-4229-895d-6b5920812db1.txt

unhandled_847fb389-3125-43eb-b776-30ed044015e6.txt

unhandled_6354f726-2bf5-4a35-9e45-5d85029d5bd3.txt

server-63564649966.txt

server-63564649820.txt

server-63564649557.txt

turntablejunky

I updated very recently, probably a few days ago.  Then I started to notice my Movies library disappeared, but TV was still available in Media Browser, via WMC.  Today, TV also disappeared from WMC.

So I went to rescan my library, and it always fails.

Funny thing is, I can still watch some TV shows via the web client, but only a few of my folders are visible there too.

turntablejunky

Is there noone able to assist with this issue?  Still very much looking for help, as I'm completely without access to my emby.

you have some database corruption it seems. i am not sure how that happened. i think your best course of action is to go into the server's program data folder, then the data folder under that, and delete the library.db file and refreshinfo.db file. Then start the server back up. You will have to wait for the library to be rescanned. You can also uninstall reinstall, as long as you don't have any other data you're attached to.

• Like 1

turntablejunky

Okay, thank you for getting back to me.  I will try your advice now, and I'll report back to let you know how it went.  

Thanks again.

• Solution
turntablejunky

you have some database corruption it seems. i am not sure how that happened. i think your best course of action is to go into the server's program data folder, then the data folder under that, and delete the library.db file and refreshinfo.db file. Then start the server back up. You will have to wait for the library to be rescanned. You can also uninstall reinstall, as long as you don't have any other data you're attached to.

This seems to have resolved the issue for me.  

As you mentioned, I deleted the two files, restarted the server, and immediately noticed my folders were back.  Something strange occurred where, I was asked to update to Media Browser Classic v. 2.0.262.  Anyway...I agreed, and now it seems that the server is rescanning my library.

Many thanks to you kind sir.

• Like 1