Emby Trojan Downloader

everdark81
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

everdark81

When starting or restarting the Media Browser service after installing version 3.0.5582.0, AVG AntiVirus FREE detects "patterns.IO.dll" as Trojan Horse MSIL3.AVEB (http://www.avgthreatlabs.com/us-en/virus-and-malware-information/info/msil/?name=MSIL3.AVEB&utm_source=TDPU&utm_medium=RS&PRTYPE=AVF).

Severity is listed as HIGH, but because I can reliably reproduce the threat detection, I have not blocked it.

The object name specified is c:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\Patterns.IO.dll.

charliekay74

it seems to me that in the setup file for "emby theater" or server (i'm not shure which one exactly because i  installed both new and they both are called setup) is a virus detected by Panda Antivirus:

"W32/exploit.gen"

Edited by charliekay74

Trevor68

The update last night had my AVG in a twist over Patterns.io.dll in the server system folder, so maybe related. That file has been placed in the AVG Vault, was it important?

I'm guessing so now that all my LiveTV is blank.

Edited by Trevor68

I'm sure these are false positives.  Just be sure the setup came from our server (mb3admin.com).

RyGuy613

I currently installed Emby today and my Anti-Virus discovered that Emby has carried a Trojan Downloader along with the software.

Has anyone else encountered this while downloading the software?

552db7c253eaa_EmbyTrojanDownloader.jpg

Happy2Play

Edit Topics merged...

Edited by Happy2Play

• Solution

This was a false positive which i was able to reproduce, and solve just by changing the name of a file. I've posted 3.0.5582.1

• Like 2