TV Logos

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

With all the great work with Live TV, new guide, direct playback. I started to work on my TV logos. I use mychannel logos and the ones being imported didn't scale very well. I poked around and found a "Big" folder under MCL that as expected had Bigger icons. MCL has an option to use big logos, click on the "B" on the main screen. I did it the old fashioned way. by hand.

the logo's are 135 to 220 by 75 generally, they seem fine in the guide. I assume/hope that manually adding them won't get over ridden with a refresh. There was no way I can find to lock them. 

Regardless the look much better on my devices.

552d2d7f08d58_TVlg.png

I have zipped up the folder and can add it to the post, (US stations) if

1) if people are interested

2) if folks think it is OK because they come from MCL. They encourage submissions so I assume that the logo's are considered in the public domain. but I don't know.

So let me know, particularly any legal eagles. Regardless I encourage people to buy/ contribute to mcl. I think it is like 5-10 bucks.

-Vicpa

• Like 1

Spaceboy

I found the mcl xl ones to look poor in mbt and on roku, I've started collecting UK logos from Wikipedia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Vicpa

Hi,

If anyone needs some TV logos I have attached a zip of the ones I have. US Eastern. They are the "Big" logos from MCl. I posted a support request to them about 2 weeks ago asking if it was ok to repurpose them. Never received an answer..... So.

TVLogos.zip

• 2 weeks later...
gjviii

these look great.  do i need manually add them in the metadata manager, or can i dump them in a folder somewhere to be seen?

thanks

gjviii

@vicpa     is there any folder I can throw these into or do they need to be added manually?

thanks

Vicpa

Hi,

I believe they need to be added through the metadata manager. I have been checking and they seem to be stored individually by their internal emby id.

I am investigating a way to auto update them, but I wouldn't hold your breath. It would be my first attempt in a while, my programming skills such as they are have been in cryogenic storage for quite some time.

-vicpa