FYI - Version 3.0.5582.0 Resets user library rights!

DGMayor

DGMayor

I just woke up to find my kids, wife, guest accounts library access was reset and they could all see adult content (well, everything).  Thank god I woke up before my family did!

This did not happen to me.  Can you find the first log that was created under the new version?

rabbit1543

This happened to me as well. My kids account was set to Full library access. It seems like other settings like parental control were retained

Angelblue05

Confirmed, I just verified my users and their library access were reset. Again, it would be nice to see a sort of template implemented to quickly set user rights.

Edited by Angelblue05

SilentAssassin

Same here. Enable access to all libraries was ticked. Was that even a setting before this version?

Spaceboy

Confirmed, I just verified my users and their library access were reset. Again, it would be nice to see a sort of template implemented to quickly set user rights.

Back up and restore server config plugin?
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It's ok, I don't have many users. :)

Still would like to see a template option, because I uncheck the same settings accross users lol.

Anyway, I backed up - restore and upgraded to the latest version and it was fine this time. Odd. I don't know what could have caused this to happen.

Edited by Angelblue05

Well, the first thing we've got to do is figure out how it is getting reset.  That shouldn't be happening.

DGMayor

When I got home and actually looked at the machine, it had a bunch of exception windows up (5 or 6) for the server.  clearing them crashed the server obviously, so I reloaded.   

Not sure if anything was connected, but wanted to mention it. 

When I got home and actually looked at the machine, it had a bunch of exception windows up (5 or 6) for the server.  clearing them crashed the server obviously, so I reloaded.   

Not sure if anything was connected, but wanted to mention it. 

Yes, same here except i had only unhandled exception dialog box open, but the server crashed.  On server startup, library access was set for all users to be able to see the entire library.  

bennymac

This happened to me too but only to some of my accounts. My main account was not reset (phew) but my other one's were. Weird..

iam4uk

One one and only one of my user accounts (not the primary administrator), the Checkbox for "all libraries" was triggered by this update.

Okay, so that is interesting information.  Perhaps this is related to the problem where the server can't start with a stranded ffmpeg process and, since it doesn't really trap that error but, instead, continues on until some other process fails trying to access the library, it is somehow corrupting the user settings in that process.

• Like 1