VeraSmartHomeAutomation issue

Xzener

Xzener

I'm receiving an error, if I click ok... Emby Server exits. I have recently added a movie "Dumb and Dumber To" which will not seem to add correctly. I have removed the movie from my server, no change to the error. I have also uninstalled/reinstalled Emby Server... Still receive the error.

552c2742a731e_Capture.png

Here is my log file...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/820886/MB3%20Testing/2015/server-63564528507.txt

Any ideas on  how to resolve this?? Thanks.

Edited by Xzener

Xzener

Thanks Luke,

That seems to have done the trick. I will let @@chef know.

Edited by Xzener

Xzener

Getting ready to test a theory... At the time of the error, my controller was unplugged. Wondering if the server throws the error when the controller is unreachable.

Yes. Its because the controller was unreachable. This shouldn't kill the server IMO.

Edited by Xzener

techywarrior

Getting ready to test a theory... At the time of the error, my controller was unplugged. Wondering if the server throws the error when the controller is unreachable.

Yes. Its because the controller was unreachable. This shouldn't kill the server IMO.

Yea, Chef will need to put in a check and if the Vera controller is not present it should gracefully exit the plugin and not take down the server.

He's done a good job so far building the plugin but it's definitely a learning experience for him.

Xzener

I understand... Hope I was coming accross the wrong way. Was just bringing it to his attention.

chef

Oh boy... Leave it up to this guy to take down the server... {thumbs pointing at myself}...

Sometimes the Vera unit, doesn't want to send json data back. I have the function awaitable, but it wants to be a pain in the butt.

I will upload a version which will handle the error.

Sorry about that.

Edited by chef

chef

@@Xzener

So I uploaded a fix in version .920

It looks for a null string of text from Vera, and it should load the server anyway.

If you do experience that string error again, please let me know. There are two time that the plugin looks for the Vera. I hope fixing the one time will be enough.

Edit: I will have to look at it tonight, I still get the error.

Edited by chef