Looking For Second Server Sync Info

Jackets

Jackets

Hello All,

Fairly New to Emby, been using it for about 2 months now. Leaps and Bounds over Plex in my opinion. 

Never used a Sync feature before and am wondering if it will do like i am hoping.

I Currently Run 2 Media Servers  

My home system (Server 1 listed in Sig) And a second system for my mother at her place (currently using Plex). 

Until the last 2 months i did everything hands on, I have been trying to automate more things like Media placement and so on. 

At current for 1 show to land on both servers i need to either Download it to both or To one and move it Via Jump drive. This is not ideal. 

What i am hoping to accomplish is Have the Media storage Here and simply sync the un-watched episodes to her house when they are loaded into Emby here. 

Is there a way to Run a secondary Emby Server that will receive the new episodes and then delete them upon fully watched status. Thus lowering the required HDD space needed? 

Something like this:

User 2 logs into server 2 and looks though show database on Server 1 then selects prefered shows to Sync to server 2, Once completed User 2 can them watch the shows from local storage. 

Looking at this option Because the best Internet speeds i can get locally are currently  (tested@) 600-650KB/s Down, and 60-100KB/s up.  Speeds fluctuate here a fair bit.

Hoping this post makes sense to everyone, thoughts and input are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jackets 

(Server 2 is, GA-990FXA-UD3, FX-4170, 8GB G-Skil ram, Win 7 Ultimate)

Sounds to me like you would really want to do is just maintain the server at your place, connect her to it and use the cloud-sync feature to move new episodes to the cloud so she gets them from there when she plays them.

Jackets

That would be awesome, but her connection is free and shared with 3 other households in the complex and it's the same speed as mine. Netflix is unwatchable between 6 and 11 at night. When she wants to watch.

I will have a tinker with the cloud some though and see what we get