Transcoding question

DrivenByDemons
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

DrivenByDemons

I'm trying to encode a few movies that get watched frequently around here so they won't transcode and save me some clock cycles. I usually log in to the server with my main account while my kids account is watching the movie in question and I can see that it's transcoding with the little red bar and the ffmpeg info when I hover over the box. What's weird is I have a movie that runs pretty big on CPU usage and says it's transcoding in the window when I hover but there is no ffmpeg info and no red progress bar. Why would some transcodes show this and some not? 

DrivenByDemons

Normally I see this with the red progress bar and other info. That's using the web client

2wdpkxw.jpg

This is what I see with iOS to a chromecast. I'm trying to get this file to go to that chromecast with direct play but it always shows transcoding with high CPU usage and this window...

20f3q1c.jpg

DrivenByDemons

Nothing on this? I'm trying to figure out why this is transcoding but not actually showing a progress bar or telling me exactly what it's transcoding to. 

Happy2Play

Don't know why it only report transcoding with no details since I don't own that device, but there is a transcode log generated every time something is transcoded.  Look at the log and look at the Stream mapping.

Stream mapping:
  Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 (native) -> h264 (libx264))
  Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (copy)

• Like 1

• Solution

We're working on it. It's just a matter of the iOS app running a little behind and not using our newer api's.

• Like 1