hide parent folder in a collection without metadata or fanart?

dylanrellis

dylanrellis

hi, in preparation for mbt I decided to add my videos folder as a mb collection, which is a random collection of video folders that I normally just have in the wmc video library. using utorrent rss downloader, some of the shows arrive in a folder.

im referencing mbc here as im presuming the options will be similar. the shows that are in a folder show up with that horrible empty out line of folder with the file name in it. very unappealing. the collection is set as home movies to avoid metadata being added. the shows in question are not on tvdb/tmdb anyway.

is there anyway to hide the parent folder and have just the file displayed? or will mbt have a nicer display of blank folders?

• Like 1

It will be a black-ish square with the name in the middle. Nothing else.

why not just give them an image?

in mbt it won't be as much of an issue because collections are not as important as they are in mbc. it is more about the shows and the movies and less about the folders.

dylanrellis

I found a good solution, setting it as a movie collection causes the titles to generate a thumbnail provided the title isn't matched to any metadata. 

• 1 month later...

I have to agree with the thread starter, im assigning them images now but for me i wish i could just hide them and make them go away.

Movies takes me to my movies which is already present, same with tv, same with music, same with games, which all already have an access point with a nice icon, now its just duplicating it....and then i have to find nice images to make my presentation look good because i cant hide these black square collection icons, i wish we could simply hide collections we dont want to show. 

Or even better display collections we want to show. 

This should probably go in the server section, but I did not want to start a new topic. For someone who does not use mbc many of  these collection icons are of no use and look ugly (im having trouble even finding images which suit my overall mb3 layout) so I wish I could hide them.

Edited by Ghostm