Image/file naming convention

Dadeo

I'm new to MB3 so bear with me :) I've read the Media Files and Folders structure > Images  and see that I can use (moviename}-poster.ext but how?  I keep getting folder.jpg for poster/primary image. :( I see in MetaData Setup > Images > Image saving convention there are two options:  "Standard - MB3/MB2" or "Compatible - MB3/Ples/XBMC"  but I can't find anywhere that explains the different conventions. Can someone provide a link to that info? Or can you tell me how to get (moviename}-poster.ext instead of folder.jpg in the movie folder?

In addition, is there any way to prefix all the files MB3 stores with the movie title? e.g. (moviename}.xml (moviename}.nfo (moviename}-backdrop etc.?

Edited by Dadeo

We accept all of those image file names, however that does not  mean they're the one we save with.

the compatible setting saves images using file names that are compatible with plex and xbmc.

no, there is currently not a way to pick your own image file names.

the compatible setting saves images using file names that are compatible with plex and xbmc.

Well I tried the compatible setting, but it saves "poster.jpg". So IIUC "(moviename}-poster.ext" format is only supported for 'reading' the image file, not saving it?

If the movie is in it's own folder, we use poster.ext. If it's in a mixed folder with other movies, we use {moviename}.ext.

This was the recommendation from multiple xbmc users and is also outlined in the xbmc wiki.