Webclient + Chromecast = can't control video (slider greyed out)

Sp3kt3r

Sp3kt3r

Am I the only one with this problem, I tried searching in the forum and can't find anyone having this issue.

I have no problem using the slider from the Android Apps or watching the video from the browser (Chrome) but I can't control the video if I broadcast to my chromecast. The slider is greyed out.

I asked one of my friend to tried from his computer and it didn't work.

Should I tried reinstalling the server ?

I'm using the latest Beta server: Version 3.0.5572.0 

I also tried updating to the latest Dev version Version 3.0.5579.26082

I will post my server log soon.

Thx,

Edited by Sp3kt3r

I pushed an update to the receiver. Please reboot your CC device and then try again.

I am also getting this on some movies. The last couple of updates have really ruined this for me. Half my videos wont play now and I get videos freezing 15-20 mins in which all played fine before

I am also getting this on some movies. The last couple of updates have really ruined this for me. Half my videos wont play now and I get videos freezing 15-20 mins in which all played fine before

Probably the bitrate is too high so i'll lower the ceiling on that. Reboot your CC device. If that doesn't resolve it then let's look at a specific example and we'll go from there.

Sp3kt3r

Hi Luke,

I did what you said (chromecast rebooted, actually, my chromecast always reboot when I turn off my tv since it uses the USB tv port.

I also uninstall Emby and reinstall the Beta Version 3.0.5572.0.

It's only the slider, everything else in term of webcontrol is fine.. I just can't skip forward by using the slider. 

I have no idea what else to look.

I don't think it really matter but I noticed this issue after I notice that the audio transcoding is using AAC -Strict Experimental ? maybe I just didn't notice before but I don't recall the "strict Experimental" :)

Edited by Sp3kt3r

Sp3kt3r

It Works !! :)

Thx Luke.. but just for my curiosity and what was the problem ? and sorry for my dumb question but how do you update the chromecast receiver on your side, I don't see my Ember server getting an update ? is it a transparent update that requires no reboot ? :)

just a bug in the CC reporting. The CC receiver is hosted on github so we can update it anytime.

Sp3kt3r

Thx for the clarification :)

Does this mean that if someone want to setup a standalone Emby server without internet (which I don't see the point) can't get the latest CC receiver :)

Thx for your time, i'm surprise nobody else noticed this little bug :)

Edited by Sp3kt3r

chromecast url's have to be registered with google, so without internet access there is no CC at all

Sp3kt3r

ho.. something else I didn't know.. I though that someone could have use chromecast for local Casting :)

Ok case close thx again ! now going to enjoy some tv show that I couldn't skip forward lol