PGS sub support?

DigitalFool

DigitalFool

I know this topic has been discussed in the past but can't find any recent topics on the subject. Will Emby ever support Internal BD PGS sub tracks? All my encodes have them (with Handbrake) but they don't display in theater, browser or Roku (Roku being the preffered method). I know the subs are working because they display in VLC. I understand that VLC has better codec handling but just wonder if Emby will ever add this feature.

We already do. What kind of video files? Can you post the media info from the web client? thanks.

DigitalFool
Video
CodecH264
ProfileMain
Level40
Resolution1920x804
Aspect ratio2.40:1
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.97602
Bitrate5087 kbps
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames4
CABACYes
Audio
Languageeng
CodecAC3
Layout5.1
Bitrate437 kbps
Sample rate48000 khz
DefaultYes
Subtitle
Languageeng
CodecPGSSUB
DefaultNo
ForcedNo
ExternalNo

i just tested in the web client with an mkv with PGS. No problem found. I tested the same with Roku and I did encounter an issue, so I'll be looking into that.

I've resolved the Roku issue and an update has been submitted, but it will take time to go through the Roku approval process.

In the meantime you can have the fix immediately by using either the beta channel or the manual zip installation:

http://emby.media/co...r-roku-channel/

Koleckai Silvestri

PGS Subs work for me in the web client but they don't come on as default. However I didn't have a subtitle stream marked as default either. Remuxing to see if that changes things.

Edit: Setting a subtitle stream as default didn't enable it automatically. Though I have my web client preferences set to show the default subtitle stream of my language.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

DigitalFool

I wish I could say the same with the web client, but doesn't even work there. I'm not looking for them to be default, I just want to ability to toggle on and off (like to use subtitles when kids are sleeping). I can wait for the approval process, I'm in no hurry. Do I have to be at a certain server rev? I'm currently at 3.0.5490.2.

DigitalFool

Yeah, my mistake, didn't think I was too many versions behind but I was.

I am up to the latest (non-beta) and I have still have issues. Although, it's interesting that one of my movies actually plays the subs for about a minute and then it stops. When I restart, it plays the same subs again, and stops displaying in the same place (about 2 minutes in). I didn't check this particular movie with the last version, so I can't say if the functionality has improved. I cross checked with VLC and it displays fine throughout.