Using Emby Metadata Scraper

Toys7505

Toys7505

Hi guys,

Currently using MCM (Media Center Master) to fetch Metadata for my ripped movies (mostly Blu Ray). I can't figure out how to get emby server to do this for me instead and eliminate a step in my ripping process.

Anyone have some instructions to do so? I've looked through the tutorials for the server setup but didn't see anything.

Thanks,

Toys

There really isn't much to it.  If you just stop using MCM, we will automatically go get the metadata.

• Haha 1

yardameus

About the only thing would be to make sure you have all your metadata settings how you want them within the dashboard settings (settings in the webclient) and then just place the new videos into your monitored library locations and everything is done automatically.  You can also go into the metadata portion of the dashboard if further tweaking is desired manually.  I was leery at first to switch over control, but it's worked out better than I could imagine.

Toys7505

There really isn't much to it.  If you just stop using MCM, we will automatically go get the metadata.

EBR - I did a test rip of The Hangover Part III, didn't run MCM and emby server found Metadata for me - found 2 backdrops, a banner jpg, and added 2 other folders with more backdrops.

I then took the same movie and ran MCM with it in a different folder (nothing else was in the folder) and MCM found like 10 backdrops for the movie.

My question is - Is the emby server limited in how much Metadata it fetches and places in the media folder? Just curious and want to have a better understanding of how emby server works.....

Thanks,

Toys

no it is not limited but you need to configure it if you want more than that. we don't download 10 backdrops by default, only 2 or 3. anymore and we have all kinds of crazy people coming out of the woodwork complaining that the library scan is slow. so if you want more then explore the web based configuration. a lot of work has been done to make it very easy for you.

• Like 1

Toys7505

no it is not limited but you need to configure it if you want more than that. we don't download 10 backdrops by default, only 2 or 3. anymore and we have all kinds of crazy people coming out of the woodwork complaining that the library scan is slow. so if you want more then explore the web based configuration. a lot of work has been done to make it very easy for you.

Thanks Luke! It is very easy and didn't realize the customization of this feature = wicked cool!! (just never clicked every button to explore before)

Appreciate you helpin' me out......

Toys