Failed media library scan

two wire

two wire

I can no longer scan media library. The scan begins at 0.0% and stays there. Ditto for Refresh People. One day the scan function worked, the following day it failed. When I try to cancel, I get this message: "Cannot cancel a task unless it is in the running state." Help please.

I am using Version 3.0.5518.7.  Log is attachedServer scan log.txt

Thanks

two wire

I was trying to avoid an update as I have read there are some installations issues. What I have worked before and should work now as I have not upadated either the app nor the server.

thefirstofthe300

What distro are you running? The issues only seem to exist on Debian/Ubuntu. Every other distro that I know of is fine.

two wire

I am running version 3.0.5518.7.

Where can I download this version. I will do a reinstall. It did work before and I'm thinking there is a corruption somewhere.

thefirstofthe300

I really don't know that it is possible to download an older version via the package manager so it would need to be compiled yourself. You can find the source on the GitHub page under releases.

Just note that due to how rapidly the server is evolving, Luke and everyone else really won't be able to deal with any issues you have.

thefirstofthe300

BTW, what distro are you running and did you recently do an upgrade?

If you did do an upgrade and are running a Debian-based distro (Debian, Ubuntu, etc), can you post what packages got updated?

two wire

Thanks for the reply. I am strictly Windows literate and know very little about Linux. For that reason, I used PhAzE's plugin package to install  version 3.0.5518.7. on my unRaid server. I guess this means I will have to install the latest version of Emby. Way better than Plex, in my opinionI. I will go to the unRaid forums and look for the latest plugin.

Thanks for the help