Questions about Collections

itsrumsey

itsrumsey

I apologize in advance if this is common knowledge and I am simply missing something.

Is there a way to have collections automatically formed for movies based on whether they are a member of a TheMovieDB collection?  

For instance, when browsing my library is there a way to have all James Bond movies show up in an automatically generated collection, that way they aren't scattered all over the place when I am browsing?  It seems like the potential is there since Emby already grabs metadata on which collections your film is a part of, so its just a matter of it automatically creating and managing the collection for you, as well as hiding any item that is part of a collection from the main list view.

edit: Like a fool, I just discovered AutoBoxSets plugin.  This accomplishes the same feature to a large degree.  Is there an option in Emby to hide items that belong to collections from view in the "Movies" tab?  Or even better, hide all the items that are a part of a collection name but show the collection itself in the browsing window?

example:

Zk3gplN.jpg

yqia0n3.jpg

Edited by itsrumsey

Maleficarum

Go into your preferences screen (click on your user picture on the dashboard) and right at the bottom you'll see an option "Group movies into collections". This will show a collection instead of the movies it contains.

• Like 1

Deathsquirrel

You'll want to get the Auto Boxset plugin if you want these created automatically.  By default you create them by hand.

Koleckai Silvestri

Where is the metadata and images stored on the server, so that a user can edit them via Windows Explorer?

Depends on your settings. Either in %appdata%\mediabrowser-server\metadata, the folder you specified in the settings, or within the media folders themselves.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Sorry, these newer features are designed to work with collections (boxsets) that have been created with the web interface. We have not been going back and adding the features to older MB2-style folder boxsets

trusselo

but they dont work if done both ways either it appears.

the web interface shows them as a collection for me in the collections view, and I can edit the collection information through the web view.

BUT they do not auto-group in Movies webview

Happy2Play

but they dont work if done both ways either it appears.

the web interface shows them as a collection for me in the collections view, and I can edit the collection information through the web view.

BUT they do not auto-group in Movies webview

Does your collection show up here (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections)?  If not then they will not be grouped in movie view.  Same as I post in the thread you linked.

You are able to edit collection info created the old way but they do not collapse in movie view because the collection.xml is not in the right location.

trusselo

Does your collection show up here (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data\collections)?  If not then they will not be grouped in movie view.  Same as I post in the thread you linked.

You are able to edit collection info created the old way but they do not collapse in movie view because the collection.xml is not in the right location.

missed the part about that folder before.

no they arent showing up there.  how do i get them to show up there?  auto-boxset plugin is and has been installed and configured.

Happy2Play

That is where all the collections created via the web interface or auto-boxset plugin go to.  If you have collection.xml in folders you created (or MCM) you have to delete them.