Disable Special Folders?

feardamhan

feardamhan

Hi All

I'm not sure if this is a Kodi thing, or an Emby thing, but I found the following in the Emby release notes, and am hopeful its an Emby thing and that someone here can steer me in the right direction.

"In addition, we now display special folders throughout your library. Click into your TV, Movie, or Music sections and you'll see some nice categories like Resume, Next Up, Latest, Favorites, etc."

Basically I'd like to disable this functionality. I am trying to move over from a Windows based Emby config, which uses MB Classic for WMP. In that config, when I click the TV folder I am brought straight into a thumbnail view of my TV shows. At the moment in Kodi/Emby on Ubuntu, I'm brought into the list of folders as listed above. This is for a kids media center, and they are visually driven, so dont want this intermediate step.

Is it possible to bypass this list and move straight to a list of Series? Likewise for Movies, can it just go straight to movie thumbnails?

Thanks in advance

Ken

feardamhan

Incidentally, I should mention, I already tried the System->Video->Library-Flatten Library hierarchy. Seemed to have no effect.

xnappo

What skin are you using?  Basically you need to modify your home screen menu, but it is different depending on the skin you are using.

Angelblue05

Yeah, Confluence is the most basic skin you could use. If you use any other skin, you should be able to modify your home menus without problems.

xnappo

Why the Kodi team hasn't added this to their default skin is beyond me.

feardamhan

So, is it the case that what I am trying to do is not possible with this skin? Or just a lot of work? If switching to another skin gets me closer to my desired goal, I'm ok with that. Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
feardamhan

Can anyone suggest a skin thats easy to modify in this regard? I assume its a matter of modifing the home screen so that the menu items bypass the special folders lists and go direct to the content?

Angelblue05

To get your feet wet, you can try out marcelveldt's Titan skin http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9255-titan-mediabrowser-skin-for-xbmc/

It's very user friendly so you should be able to set your home menu however you'd like under skin settings > home menu

It's a good starting skin if you are using the Media browser addon.