Force Direct Streaming in MediaBrowser plugin

martinbowling

martinbowling

I have an emby server on a vps with carefully curated content, ie stuff that will direct stream on about anything, setup for remote family. They all have Fire TV sticks, I am trying to force direct streaming, from reading this used to be an option but I can no longer find it. I also have edited the Utils.py to trick it but I don't want to have to maintain a separate version for them.

Any way long story short is there a way to force direct streaming ?

Angelblue05

I'm trying to understand which settings you are referring to? Are you talking about play HTTP instead of SMB? Also, is this regarding the Mediabrowser add-on or the new Emby add-on?

martinbowling

I am referring to the legacy MediaBrowser add on. So I have content that is MP4 (h264) with AAC audio (both 2 and 6 channel audio) the android hardware should be able to handle this without transcoding. Basically I want the MB server to simply pass the media untranscoded to client and let it attempt to play. In the current beta I changed line 25 in Utils.py to

if True == True: 

And I get the behavior I expect. I am trying to lessen the burden on the server and let it just pass the file directly down to the client.