How to setup the folder Image for Favorites

Dan64

Dan64

I'd like to setup the folder image for Favorites (Legacy Browsing). The problem is that now I'm running the Emby server on Linux that does not support the (legacy) favorites. When the server was running on windows was possible define the folder under ImagesByName but in Linux this way do not work.

Dan64

After I have moved the Server on Linux, when I select the Favorites view the following screen is show:

552595c094703_Capture_Favorites_Folder.j

On the server folder in Windows I have the following pictures

55259604e5ca0_Capture_Favorites_Folder_o

and this setup was working fine. Then when I moved the server to the Linux server I have copied the IBN folder (with the correct mediabrowser Linux permissions), as is shown in the following picture:

55259691ba5c9_Capture_Favorites_Folder_o

but this setup do not work.

Edited by Dan64

Maleficarum

I'm assuming that the linux build is a newer version than the windows one, in which case you should find a folder called metadata in the server folder which now performs the same function.

• Like 1

Good catch Mal - you are probably correct.  It probably doesn't have anything to do with Linux but, rather, just that it was a new install so it is using the "Metadata" folder.

Dan64

I have moved the "General" folder from IBN to "metadata" folder. But doing so MB3 stop to accept connections it seem that for some reason hang and nothing is written on logs. The only way that I have found to solve the problem is to stop mediabrowers, remove from "metadata" the "General" folder and then restart mediabrowser. No way to be able to test what happen using "General" folder under metadata.