How many people do you thank I can hold?

tvman777

tvman777

Here is what my speeds look likes I have a Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 v3 with 4GB of ram how many people do you thank it will hold on it at once?

4274731084.png

Koleckai Silvestri

Your limiter is going to be the RAM here. Would be surprised if you didn't get memory errors at one or two transcoded streams while the CPU and connection is almost idle. If everything is Direct Play then you can do more since you're just acting as a file server.

I would recommend 2 GB of RAM per thread so your machine should have 24 GB to be comfortable. Will up your transcoding success a lot.

Sp3kt3r

I have 4gb of ram and I can handle 3 transcoding at once but I'm think to upgrade to 8 just so that I can handle the background stuff (library update, download etc..)

saitoh183

Here is what my speeds look likes I have a Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2620 v3 with 4GB of ram how many people do you thank it will hold on it at once?

4274731084.png

Man i wish i had a connection like that :)

wraslor

If I move the decimal points over a few spaces to the left that's what I can get....then subtract a couple numbers.

Edited by wraslor
  • Like 1

thefirstofthe300

Man. You Europeans sure like your internet fast. I only wish I had the option of internet that fast...:(

tvman777

Ok I guess the only way to find out is to have as meany people stream at or under 1Mbs for quality of the video if you would like to help me test it the guest account is 

Username: Guest45

Password: Batman436!

URL: play.mediafox101.com

Edited by tvman777

Koleckai Silvestri

Man. You Europeans sure like your internet fast. I only wish I had the option of internet that fast... :(

Move to a Google Fiber City. :)

thefirstofthe300

I know. Problem is I live in Oregon and don't want to lose the mountains... :P  :D

And I just don't want to live in Utah. :(

Edited by DaBungalow

tvman777

Frontier Communication  also started offering 1Gbs in some areas as well.

thefirstofthe300

I can guarantee you eastern Oregon isn't one of those areas. :)

thefirstofthe300

It depends on how much transcoded power you need. If everything was direct streaming I would say you could do as many as you have devices. Transcoding is probably limited to a couple of 1080p streams. The only way to know for sure is to test it out.

The normal bottleneck for !most users though is internet upload speed. In your case that isn't a problem.