Hide Empty Folders

Macburp

Redbeard
2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Try adding .ignore file to those folders. 

https://emby.media/support/articles/Excluding-Files-Folders.html

Thanks, I saw that post, but I don't want to hide these folders permanently.  I just want them hidden until I place a new episode there. Basically, just hide them while they are empty.  I've been using Serviio and it has that feature.  I've been very pleased by Emby, overall.  It's pretty feature-rich, that's why I'm surprised it doesn't include this basic option. I could write a script that would automatically place the .ignore file into each folder after it's emptied, but I'd rather it had the feature built in.

CBers
7 minutes ago, Redbeard said:

Thanks, I saw that post, but I don't want to hide these folders permanently.  I just want them hidden until I place a new episode there. Basically, just hide them while they are empty.  I've been using Serviio and it has that feature.  I've been very pleased by Emby, overall.  It's pretty feature-rich, that's why I'm surprised it doesn't include this basic option. I could write a script that would automatically place the .ignore file into each folder after it's emptied, but I'd rather it had the feature built in.

They should be hidden if there's no content, as that's the default, and that's what is happening with mine.

I want the option to be able to see them, so that new episodes show up in UPCOMING, which they are not at the moment.

fraenhawk

I agree with @CBers, I was one of the people back in 2015 that wanted empty show folders to auto-hide back then. I just checked my current server and compared Sonarr with Emby. I definitely have shows that are in Sonarr, have folders in the various Emby media folders, but Emby is NOT showing them in my Shows library like it was back then. I'm not experiencing what @Redbeardis describing.

Edited by fraenhawk
double-paste

KevinSartori
5 hours ago, CBers said:

They should be hidden if there's no content, as that's the default, and that's what is happening with mine.

I want the option to be able to see them, so that new episodes show up in UPCOMING, which they are not at the moment.

I mentioned in my earlier post that the only way to get Emby to "see" empty series for the Upcoming feature is to be sure to have a Season # folder nested in the series folder.  Of course, the downside to this is now that TV show is part of the Library, it is displayed with all the other series, even though there are no episodes to watch.  I mostly use Infuse on Apple TV 4K via Emby and that has the nice side effect of hiding empty series in the library.  My current workaround when using the Emby app is to Favorite all my current TV shows and then add that as the Filter in the TV Shows view.  It's an extra step you have to stay on top of (i.e. "unfavoriting" shows I'm finished with until next season), but works pretty well once it becomes a habit.  I see all the shows I'm currently watching, while shows I'm not watching are hidden but will still show up in Upcoming when a new season is on the way.

CBers
11 hours ago, Redbeard said:

I haven't changed any settings so I'm not sure why I'm seeing the empty folders, but I'll survive.  Thanks for everyone's help

Make sure you have no Season folders under the TV show folder.

If you have delete it.

• 3 months later...
stephan1827

Is there a solution for this? I have a couple of shows that have no episodes right now and sonarr automatically creates season folders.

jaycedk

@stephan1827in Sonarr -> settings -> Media Management.

Show Advanced.

Look for this setting and untick it.

image.png.ce0c4edf72f58e2f161272b656348b73.png

Then Sonarr shouldn't create empty folders.

Edited by jaycedk
  • Like 1

stephan1827

The problem is that there is an episode in there, I will try the second option where it says it will delete empty folders