Emby for Kodi .22 - Extremely slow updating, thumbnail flickering

puithove

puithove

Addon updated to .22 this morning.  Restarted Kodi.  The first sync is taking an extremely long time to go through the TV Shows update.  Also, the thumbnails (posters) are blanking and re-appearing for both Movies and TV Shows in the library views as it's processing these.  Interface in library views is slow as well.  No flickering on the home screen as I've seen at other times.  I have the log level set to Info, but it doesn't appear to be generating anything in the log.

As an experiment, I stopped Kodi, and restarted.  It sped through the episodes up to where it was when I stopped it, then it was back to proceeding slowly.  Hopefully that means that it's updating something new, but won't have to do it every time.  I saw that the version change include a change to the ratings, so it might be this data getting updated.  Shouldn't be that slow though.

The user interface is almost unusable right now.

Edited by puithove

xnappo

This is because of the episode thumbs fix. Once they are all updated it will settle down. It is faster to just wipe and start clean as after the initial sync we don't expect big data changes under normal circumstances and it is slow,

puithove

Ah, I missed the thumbnails fix when I read the notes the first time around.  That makes more sense.

After the updating finished, I did see an entry in the log with an episode's path being updated to the wrong file... I went and checked it out - that season for that show had a whole bunch of duplicate entries (other shows and seasons looked fine).  I did then wipe out the database and start a fresh sync.  It's almost done with the initial sync now.  Must faster as you say.

futrader8

Sorry for asking a newbie question, but I am just getting up to speed on the new Emby plugin, but how do I wipe the database?

Sorry for asking a newbie question, but I am just getting up to speed on the new Emby plugin, but how do I wipe the database?

there is a button in the addon called reset, or i just delet the video database in kodi 

Operative system File path

Android (see note) Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

iOS /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/

Linux ~/.kodi/userdata/

Mac OS X (see note) /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/

OpenELEC /storage/.kodi/userdata/

Windows Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter>

Edited by Bkam