"Latest" will not update

MoNkLorD

MoNkLorD

for the past few weeks now I have noticed that none of my media have updated in the "Latest" tab.  I have added about 40 new movies/tv episodes and can't figure out why the status doesn't update. 

I am running Emby Version 3.0.5572.0

Server 2008 R2

while troubleshooting - one thing I did notice was that some my movies had a future date...not sure what may have caused this.

I will try and post a copy of my most recent log file.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Happy2Play

I have added about 40 new movies/tv episodes and can't figure out why the status doesn't update. 

What status doesn't update?  If your referring to watched status you need to enable the new hide option in "My Preferences".

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19837-3055690-server-latest-media/

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/19757-tvmovies-latest-issue-in-beta/?p=192666

Edited by Happy2Play

MoNkLorD

552455ee1ee80_Screenshot7.pngThanks Happy for the response, but for example , here under "new movies" hasn't changed in a while despite however many new movies I add to the server. this refected across all platforms . win 8, web, chromcast iPhone, android phone etc.. so something in my server must be out of wack.

Edited by MoNkLorD

You said you noticed dates in the future.  That is undoubtedly the problem.  Look at the added dates in the metadata manager for the new items that aren't showing.

techywarrior

I had the same problem 2 stable server releases previous. I brought it up but there was no direct response to the cause. The last two stable releases seem to have fixed it. I also changed the "date added" to be scanned in date instead of file creation date because I though there may have been a problem with that setting. I also had lots of movies/tv shows having future dates but there was no pattern to the amount of time in the future.

You can modify the metadata manually to fix the dates in the future and therefore fix the problem (if it is not happening to any newer movies/tv shows)

MoNkLorD

I scanned a couple of movies added this week and so far these have the correct dates ..I will keep digging back.  hopefully I would have to dig to far back and manually edit too many dates.  once I fix these dates how will I get the new entries to  be picked up my EMBY again?

techywarrior

It will automatically fix itself (the "latest" list) after a library scan (after the dates are corrected)

MoNkLorD

taking a quick look on my one htpc in the bedroom my chocolate theme is telling me that the movies in my recently added were dropped in on Tuesday March 8th 2016.  I will start with editing these and see what changes from there.

• 3 weeks later...
MoNkLorD

OK after weeks of editing one by one, I am almost complete and I can already see the new media show up when added.  now is there any way I can clear this log or fix it so it too has the correct dates?Screen%20Shot%2004-24-15%20at%2008.18%20