Files all show as 1 second but play fine

superskid

superskid

Not sure what has changed, but for the last little bit (month or 2) any file that I play from my collection (maybe just mkv as 95% of my collection is mkv) the file opens and plays fine, but the progress bar shows as 1 second long.  As soon as I start the file the bar fills green and then the file plays.  It makes it impossible to fast forward or jump ahead though.

What can I do to fix this?

The app doesn't have direct access to the files so it's streaming them through the server. Make sure the library paths are accessible to MBT and then it will pay them directly

superskid

The app doesn't have direct access to the files so it's streaming them through the server. Make sure the library paths are accessible to MBT and then it will pay them directly

OK, how do I do that?  The files are on a different computer on my network, but the folder is shared and I can browse to them no problem.

AdrianW

OK, how do I do that?  The files are on a different computer on my network, but the folder is shared and I can browse to them no problem.

When you defined your Media Locations on the server you probably pointed at a local path (e.g. D:\Videos\TV) - you should use UNC paths instead (e.g. \\servername\Videos\TV)

djonnie

i also had this issue where transcoding happened and the seek bar was 1 second which was strange since that never happened before

i solved it by uninstalling theater, removing all theater files in appdata and reinstalling theater

Edited by djonnie

aspdend

I have this on my system when I have imported a file and the library scan has not been triggered or has not completed - the file shows as 1s long in Emby Classic. After the library scan, the file shows all the correct information.

foghat

When you defined your Media Locations on the server you probably pointed at a local path (e.g. D:\Videos\TV) - you should use UNC paths instead (e.g. \\servername\Videos\TV)

This, or make sure you have mapped the network location to the same drive letter on both the server and client used with Emby.