Convert Media, Processing Speed Question

sedvideo

sedvideo

Wondering about what takes place when MBS and cloud sync does the conversion of the media. I've been reading here that it uses ffmpeg. I'm pretty familiar with transcoding and converting media from my job, so I'm surprised when I see MBS doing the conversion, then look at the CPU usage on my i7 system and see barely any activity. Am I missing something as to what is going on? It just seems to take an inordinately long time to convert a media file. Or because I have this done through the Cloud Sync process, is there a different process taking place from the normal convert/upload process that I would think is taking place? Thanks!

Beardyname

The conversion is set to run at a really low speed so not to interfere with other tasks the server might be doing, which is probably why you don't see much process activity ongoing :)

• Like 1

sedvideo

Is there a way to speed it up? I have a fair amount of horsepower, I'd like to use it.

thefirstofthe300

I am in the same boat and would like to see an option to speed up media conversion. 

Currently the task is running and none of my CPU's cores are hitting more than 5% load. With chromium running and listening to music. :blink: I have an i7-4770k so it would be nice to be able to use a lot more of my CPU.  :D

Edited by DaBungalow