Folders within my EHS collections are now not shown

braddles69
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

braddles69

HI, Since the last server update or Android update (unsure of which is causing the error) (server 3.0.5572.0) folders within my EHS category of childrens shows are now not shown, each episode is separately listed under the whole collection...making the navigation difficult. 

ie my structure is as follows :-

Synology/Movies

TV Shows

Childrens TV   etc

under these i have for instance  Childrens TV/Big Hero 6

Little Mermaid

Peppa Pig/ (then Eps 1-50)

Ben and Holly/ (then eps 1-20)  etc

the problem is that as soon as I enter the Childrens TV tile I can see all the eps of Peppa pig and Ben and Holly, they are not shown as residing within ther own folder.

This happens through my EHS navigation (I use legacy browsing) or also through the Folders option that appears.

Is there any setting I can hit to restore all the TV eps to their own folder??

Thanks and regards

PS This also shows under Web Client as well.

Edited by braddles69

Click on your user icon in the web client and then "My Preferences".  Adjust the options to combine/not combine the folders you want.

braddles69

Thanks Ebr, however every option I have tried still sees the individual episodes showing. Is this because the folders (Peppa Pig, Ben and Holly etc) are inside the childrens Tv parent?

Edited by braddles69

• Solution

This is more than likely not related to Android in any way but is a structure problem at the server level.  What do you see on the web client?

Be sure your "Childrens TV" folder doesn't directly contain any video files and that that media folder is defined as "TV".

• Like 1

braddles69

Thanks Ebr, Removing and then adding again as TV type solved this problem. Just for info, I intially had this folder as "Movies", then tried as "mixed content", then as "TV" did the trick. FYI  The problem showed as above, as TV eps all showing under the parent folder in views on both Android and Web Clients, but not through Win 7 HTPC (running emby through WMC).

Thanks again,  :rolleyes:

braddles69

This workaround works for me but now I have the additional problem that every movie within my Children's TV parent folder now shows with coverart as "TV Series".. Any ideas of a workaround for this to get back my coverart that shows codec or container???

Thanks

... every movie within my Children's TV parent folder now shows with coverart as "TV Series".. 

Okay, that's the part I'm not understanding...

braddles69

Okay, so my NAS is configured to hold various collections to make navigating easier eg Synology//Movies or Synology//Childrens TV or Synology//Blur ray Movies etc you get the idea as follows552c63c172bb3_ehs.png

after maybe the last server update, the view of my "Childrens TV" category changed from having TV episodes within the folder (eg Peppa Pig) to being displayed from the top down as if they were not in their own folder, as described in my first post.

At this time the type of "Childrens TV" was mixed content, i removed the collection and readded as "movies" type, this didn't change the treatment,

Now in an effort to reproduce the initial problem I removed my category and readded as unset (mixed content) just now, then went back in and lo and behold...the issue is gone, from both android app and web client...so

Nothing left to request.

Thanks and apologies for taking up time with something that is now not an issue.

• Like 1