Lifetime Support

Ozpeg

I paid for a lifetime supporter ($59.00) when i first started using MediaBrowser as I was so impressed -  it leave Plex so far behind you'd need a telescope to see it

Since transferring to Emby. I am being prompted to become a supporter (WTF)

Can you confirm if my "Supporter" was moved across to Emby ? If not, please move it across as soon as possible.

yes it was. Thank you for your support. Where exactly are you being prompted? 

Thanks Luke.

I am bring prompted as soon as I go to the Dashboard, and when I try to run the Auto Box Set plugin - I get a message saying the 14 day trial is finished

I would go to Help -> Supporter key and make sure your supporter key is there. If it is then post the server log.

The server tries to communicate with ours to validate the status. If it fails so many consecutive days in a row then it will revert to unregistered.

Thanks Luke,

I guess i was slightly retarded as I thought the supporter key would transfer across from MediaBrowser to Emby.

Once I re-entered my support key all is good.

Appreciate your help

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
asianboi

I'm thinking about purchasing a lifetime supporter key, or should I just purchase the annual key instead.  I don't want to end up purchasing another key if there is a major update and the previous lifetime key is not good anymore.

Deathsquirrel

I'm thinking about purchasing a lifetime supporter key, or should I just purchase the annual key instead.  I don't want to end up purchasing another key if there is a major update and the previous lifetime key is not good anymore.

The lifetime key is good for the lifespan of the Emby\MB3 product.  It wont work with Emby 4 someday when that happens.

• Like 1

AdrianW

The lifetime key is good for the lifespan of the Emby\MB3 product.  It wont work with Emby 4 someday when that happens.

MB2 lasted for years and years. MB3/Emby hasn't been around that long yet, so I'd assume it will be a long time before the next major upgrade.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
AlpineMan

About a month or two ago, I installed Emby on my FreeNAS box just to check it out.  I was impressed and I thought about signing up for lifetime supporter.  I got so busy at my job that I totally took a break from playing with my media.  Now that I'm back I noticed that the price increased for lifetime supporter.  I can't remember how much it was a couple or so months ago...perhaps $50?  $60?  I see that it's now $70.  Reading through the threads, I see others paid even less than this.  Any chance whether the price will go back down even for a 1 day sale?

Thanks!

Koleckai Silvestri

Any chance whether the price will go back down even for a 1 day sale?

Always a chance. However as new features and services are added and the cost of maintenance increases, they are likely to go up as well.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Tharnax

@@AlpineMan, likely speaking for many early adopters when I say that yes those early lifetime supporters paid less then the $70 the current cost is, however, many have likely donated more since then.  As well, many of the apps which are now free for lifetime supporters were not free when they were initially released.  So even though the "upfront" lifetime supporter cost has increased from what it once was, the number of free EMBY apps, plug-ins, etc, is also significantly larger.  So essentially don't take the prior "cheaper" lifetime membership as a guide for what the "old timers" have paid.  I think $70 is a minimum of what many of the long time Emby contributors have put towards this awesome program / team since they first joined.

• Like 1