Server Restart Plugin

sasaba

Will this restart the server if you are running it as a service?

I don't believe so. It is just for scheduling a specific time to restart the server.

Haven't actually tried it, was just asking if I did and it didn't work could the plug in be removed. GCW07 said yes. If I get a chance I will give it a try but sounds like maybe a long shot.

Haven't actually tried it, was just asking if I did and it didn't work could the plug in be removed. GCW07 said yes. If I get a chance I will give it a try but sounds like maybe a long shot.

Sorry, I missed the 'if' at the beginning of your sentence.

• 3 years later...
thatoneguy99
I am not sure if it is just my setup but I haven't had this problem in the past.

Has anyone else reported issues with the plugin? Mine is scheduled to run at 0315 but after the most recent update (maybe even the one before that), once the plugin restarts the server, it will not come back up. The logs show "Database is locked" when it tries to come back up. Could this be something that is caused by the restart method? Restarting my computer makes the issue go away and Emby will start.

Here is the relevant part of my log from when the server starts the restart.

Here is my log from when it tries to start backup.

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE!

What is the reason you are using the server restart plugin, out of curiosity?

• 3 weeks later...
thatoneguy99
I was previously seeing issues every night, with crashes. I never could figure out the reason why. Even the log couldn't point me somewhere specific. So I used this plugin to restart my server everynight and when I woke up the next morning the server would be ready for use.
 I forgot all about the plugin until this recent problem, and could trace it back to when this plugin would try and run. I have since turned off the schedule for this plugin and removed it. I don't see crash problems at night either.
 Now I see this same problem upon a normal restart (not called by a plugin), as you can see in my other post.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/48683-emby-server-doesnt-want-to-restart/