Error editing album metadata

fraenhawk

fraenhawk

The ongoing saga of Media Browser's (Emby's) ID3 scraping and manual management of the data continues. I had already resigned myself to having to manually fix album info in the metadata manager since the data clearly contained and picked up from the individual songs is not always properly being applied to the album level. But as of the current build (3.0.5569.0 - running on beta releases) I now get an error when pressing save at the album or song level. "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: source" You don't even have to edit any data, I just pick one and click Save and get the message.

I looked through the logs and found the section that matches each time I click Save:

2015-04-03 18:20:41.1211 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5569.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
	Processor count: 2
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: False
	Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Value cannot be null.
	Parameter name: source
	System.ArgumentNullException
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.ItemUpdateService.UpdateItem(BaseItemDto request, BaseItem item)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.ItemUpdateService.<UpdateItem>d__11.MoveNext()

2015-04-03 18:20:41.1211 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /Items/2f1634aa7062ae9852a5b4f153e7b686
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Value cannot be null.
	Parameter name: source
	ServiceStack.HttpError
	No Stack Trace Available

I then looked up a bit in the logs and found something else logged relating to the MoveNext that I'm not sure is related (I removed my personal key from the end of the url for the sake of posting):

2015-04-03 18:19:47.5347 Error - App: Error getting response from http://api.fanart.tv/webservice/newmusic/5c6b04c68e904cfed1e6cbc9a9e683d4/1427123678/&client_key=****************
	*** Error Report ***
	The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
	System.Net.WebException
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

2015-04-03 18:19:47.5347 Error - App: Error running postscan task
	*** Error Report ***
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1e.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__2.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Music.FanartUpdatesPostScanTask.<GetArtistIdsToUpdate>d__11.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Music.FanartUpdatesPostScanTask.<Run>d__0.MoveNext()
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<RunPostScanTasks>d__65.MoveNext()
	InnerException: System.Net.WebException
	   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)

Is that reference to "newmusic" still valid with fanart.tv? 

fraenhawk

Oh, and wanted to mention, changes are saving just fine though. Just giving the error every time instead of saying "Item Saved."

jamvids

Hi, if you want music metadata to be spot on, use music brains picard, then re scan, and add album art and clean up using mp3 tag. I am just re visiting my collection as I didn't use the justfm plugin on picard. Get the Base metadata right and emby picks it up. Works for me anyway.

fraenhawk

Please read the topic that I linked to and respond there. I've redone my music with picard and have documented all sorts of scenarios where MB is not reading the metadata correctly at the album level even when the songs are correct. Remember, Picard only writes ID3s into the songs, it's up to Emby to then figure out how to apply those to the albums.

But that has nothing to do with this thread which is about the error on Save.

• 2 weeks later...