VideoType

Luke

I'm surprised I didn't have this in DtoBaseItem already.

Nonetheless, now that it's been added, we currently don't have any streaming support for types Iso and Hddvd. If you can somehow play them on your own then by all means. Otherwise you should check this value and either hide or disable your play button. Or show a message when they press play.

Luke did you ever have a look at that iso mounting system in the ffmpeg thread?

I don't have any hddvd's I will have to look at how to do.

I have to get back into the UI. For now we're just going to have to save iso and hd-dvd for a later date. It's been enough work as it is just getting video files, dvd and bluray stable.

Using that mounting system it simply turns the iso into a folder called blah.iso which would act exactly the same as a folder rip.

It's more than that. We won't have MediaStreams info so we'd have to figure out how to handle that. I'd probably have to get the stream info during the library scan which means we'd be doing a lot of mounting and unmounting all at the same time.

We'll come back to this later, because I think server-side mounting would be neat. But I want to see what we have get really stable first. I don't want us to turn into a jack of all trades, master of none.

Hddvd would come after iso, priority wise. Both of which come after subtitles.

If you try it now you'll probably just see a 500 server error in the log.

I don't want us to turn into a jack of all trades, master of none.

Yup totally agree.

I have a couple HDDVDs on hand. I can help test if need be.

Xzener are you on msn or skype?

I have a couple HDDVDs on hand. I can help test if need be.

Same here as well, but really, HDDVD is a dead media for some times now.

But I can help testing with the titles i have for HDDVD.

I agree. It's easy enough for the pc to play directly, but as for streaming, it's probably not worth our time.

Just as a small test on that mount software (it doesn't really mount it just plays a trick on the opsys) anyhow I just "mounted" 16 iso files at the same time because it doesn't use the traditional virtual drive it is quite viable to access multiple iso's simultaneously.

Tikuf found a way to mount iso's to a drive letter instead of a folder. Which is neat because we could easily do server-side mounting so none of the ui's ever have to worry about it.

mount iso's to a drive letter instead of a folder

Vicky verka

mount iso's to folder instead of a drive

http://www.pismotechnic.com/download/

It will just turn your iso into a folder you can browse (install then right click menu select quick mount) or from c/l pfm mount blah.iso to unmount pfm unmount blah.iso

also works with zip and a bunch of other iso style formats.

Xzener

Interesting Tikuf, So the Server will mount ISO (the ISO is browse-able as though it were a folder) the media is then streamed to the UI as though it were in a folder to begin with??

Interesting Tikuf, So the Server will mount ISO (the ISO is browse-able as though it were a folder) the media is then streamed to the UI as though it were in a folder to begin with??

Yup exactly

Xzener

Yup exactly

No need for VCD or Daemon Tools??

No need for VCD or Daemon Tools??

Correct we should be able to have built in support. Luke the dev package has the cs written.

ScottIsAFool
YES!! I've always hated those programs... So unreliable.

You want to start leveraging Windows 8 then, it has built in ISO mounting support ;)

Xzener

Well if its any similar to the performance on the W7 OS... No thanks. ;)

I'm trying to get used to this whole "Metro" thing... I still don't see any need to use W8 yet, especially because of the Cenavia fiasco. I will stick to W7 for the time being.

YES!! I've always hated those programs... So unreliable.

I been using Daemon Tools since it comes out, and never failed me :)

But as Scott said, it nice that win8 support iso mount, good to know MS start to look to linux in some way.

Xzener

Abo,

I too perfer Deamon Tools... But have had nothing but problems since MB2.6. During testing, I ended up using VCD. Every now and then, VCD spits out my ISO soon after mounting it?!?! It may just be me, but I perfer not usimg mounting software. But since upgrading my projector to 3D... ISO is now a MUST.