[Bug] Restarting server hangs HTTP port 8096

Bear on the job

Bear on the job

Ever since server version 3.0.5557, whenever I restart the server after an update, TCP ports 8096 and 8920 will remain in a LISTENING state, even after the MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe process has terminated.

I did some investigating, and it appears that some of the ffmpeg.exe processes that Emby spawns are remaining active, even after Emby terminates. On my system, this is causing the process ID for Emby to hold open ports 8096 and 8920, even though the process ID is no longer valid and windows thinks it has terminated. To fix this, I have to manually kill all ffmpeg.exe processes that are still resident in Task Manager (usually there are multiple instances). Once the child processes are killed, Windows releases the TCP ports and everything is fine. 

I think this is happening when the library is updating in the background, and ffmpeg.exe is trying to create chapter images. Restarting the server doesn't kill the child processes gracefully, and it's causing the TCP ports to hang. If I don't kill the ffmpeg.exe processes manually, the web interface can't be accessed at all until I restart the computer.

I don't know if this is affecting other people as well, but thought I'd report it, since it has happened to me multiple times (3 or 4 times).