Run Emby for Android in CHROME on PC/Mac/Linux

trusselo

trusselo

emby works fine with the ARC welder on my work laptop, but not my gaming rig.

my gaming rig has dual cards, 3 monitors in eyefinity, plus one TV in extended desktop mode. Tried both with crossfire enabled and disabled. NO-GO

it is a developer app, in beta so expect it to have bugs and unforeseen issues

Edited by trusselo

techywarrior

What sort of performance are you seeing? Not sure if this will have a big impact on Windows computers because of 7's great app (although that obviously doesn't work for Win7) it may be a great way for Linux and OS X users to get a first class client while waiting for MBT to maybe get ported.

windows playing with android now android playing with windows. three years from now when everything runs on everything people are going to ask why do we even need all these platform choices. and then that will cause even more change that will be both good and bad

trusselo

so wait...  

i can use my Samsung Android Tablet with the Microsoft Remote Desktop app, to connect to my home server, which can in turn run Windows Remote Desktop to My Media/Gaming PC, to run Chrome in the background, in order to run the Android app, as an ARC container....  to watch Media Browser Emby app....?

Effin' Eh!

• Like 1

Macburp

So with ARC Welder, you could run the Android App on a Chromebox. Not sure how you would control that with a remote (an air mouse?), but it would be an awesome set-up.